International Conference on Networked Systems 2017
March 13-16, 2017 – Göttingen, Germany
CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSAL [PDF]
NetSys 2017 invites proposals for workshops of the 2017 International Conference on Networked Systems.
We are soliciting workshop proposals on topic relevant to Networked Systems. Workshops will be held on March 13th or March 16th, 2017.
Workshops are a great opportunity for community building and a forum for attendees with common interests. Accepted workshop papers are included in the adjunct proceedings of the Netsys Conference.
PRE-PROPOSAL SUBMISSION INQUIRIES
Should you wish to discuss ideas for a workshop proposal, feel free to contact the Workshop chairs at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
wORKSHOP PROPOSAL CONTENT
The proposal should be prepared as a document of no more than 4 pages in the official ACM proceedings format – tighter alternate style (Word, Latex) , and must in addition include a Call for Papers. It must describe the topic, rationale and objectives for the workshop, the organizers’ backgrounds and bio, an estimate of expected attendance, in the case of followup workshops: statistics from any previously held workshops and a detailed plan (timeline) for conducting the workshop (including any plans for preworkshop preparation and/or postworkshop follow up).
wORKSHOP SELECTION PROCESS
- Workshops will be reviewed by a jury of experts who will consider several factors, including:
- The potential for the workshop topic to generate stimulating discussions and useful results
- The expected interest of the community in the workshop topic
- The quality, organization and plan described in the workshop proposal
- Relevance to the main conference
- In the case of multiple submissions on similar topics, organizers may be encouraged to merge them
wORKSHOP ORGANIZER’S RESPONSIBILITIES
The organizers of each workshop are expected to:
- Publicize the workshop with a call for participation via the NetSys website
- Set up a own web site for the workshop containing more details on the workshop, including CFP, workshop format, plans for publication (if any), participants, program, etc
- Establish an IEEE compliant peer review process (e.g. workshops are expected to have a TPC, and 3+ independent single or doubleblind reviews for each paper)
- Provide address of workshop website to conference organizers (netsys17.unigoettingen.de will then point to the individual workshop websites)
- Encourage potential participants to submit papers
- Work with the NetSys Publication Chairs to include workshop papers in the supplementary proceedings
- Work with the NetSys Workshop Chairs to arrange the workshop
- Actively run the workshop
submitting YOUR PROPOSAL
Please email your proposal directly to the workshop chairs (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org). The deadline for submission is June 30th, 2016. The submission should be a single PDF file, including both the proposal (max. 4 pages) and an appended CFP.
- Submission deadline: June 30th, 2016
- Notification of acceptance: July 15th, 2016
- First distribution of all accepted workshop CFPs: July 31st, 2016
- Camera ready version of all workshop papers due: December 20th, 2016
- Workshops: March 13th and 16th, 2017
Stephan Sigg, Aalto University, Finland (email@example.com)
Lars Wolf, TU Braunschweig, Germany (firstname.lastname@example.org)